The 10 biggest mistakes most people make after being arrested for a DUI in Ohio...and how to avoid them.
Get A Free Dublin OH DUI OVI Consultation Which Will Show You How You May Be Able To Save Your License. Call 614-487-8667 for your free Ohio DUI consultation.
- Not taking the matter seriously. This is a DUI OVI charge that will follow you for the rest of your life, if you are convicted. The additional insurance charges alone could cost you thousands of dollars.
- Not hiring an attorney. The law is complex and you need competent representation from a DUI Attorney who understands Ohio DUI Law. You must raise the right defenses at the right time or you will lose them. Facts will disappear, memories fade and witnesses vanish. A winnable case can quickly become a loser.
- Hiring an DUI attorney based on the amount of the fee alone. The State has almost unlimited resources when it comes to your case. You need to hire an attorney and pay a fee which will allow him to put time and effort to counter the Ohio prosecuting attorney’s case . Attorneys must earn enough in the time they spend on your case in order to keep their doors open and make a living wage. If you go too low, your attorney will not be able to put in the time necessary to protect you. Look for a reasonable, predictable fee, not the lowest.
- Not complying with Ohio driver's license laws. You could lose your right to drive.
- Driving after your license has been suspended.
- Not taking full advantage of your constitutional rights.
- Taking the prosecutor's first offer. The first offer is not a bargain, it's just to get rid of your case with the least amount of work. Very few cases are dismissed or reduced to a non-alcohol charge at this stage. You do not give the judge an opportunity to rule on constitutional challenges. You give up your right to raise these issues and make the Ohio State prosecuting attorney prove it's case.
- Fail to appear in Court. The Court will issue a bench warrant for your arrest and revoke any bond. The next time you are stopped for a traffic infraction, you will be spending some time in jail and posting a bond for your future appearances.
- Talking to anyone but your attorney about your case. Anything you say can be used against you.
- Think that talking to numerous attorneys will help you handle it on your own. You need to have a DUI attorney with extensive experience in Ohio DUI case law go to Court with you.
We serve DUI OVI clients in the following cities and townships of Ohio: Columbus, Delaware, Dublin, Grandview Heights, Lancaster, Marble Cliff, Marysville, New Albany, Newark, Upper Arlington and Worthington areas.
Keep Your License After A Dublin, Ohio OVI Arrest
Exploring Defense Tactics For DUI Attorneys In Dublin, OH
Dublin Ohio DUI Arrest
DUI Dublin Ohio Mistakes
What Happens in a DUI OVI Ohio arrest
Ten Mistakes | Case Tips | Police Mistakes | Challenges | What Can I Do to Save My License?
What Happens After A DUI Arrest? | Lawyer Mistakes | Know Your Rights | OHIO DUI Penalties
Ohio DUI/OVI FAQ | Ohio OVI Resources | Attorney Information | Attorney Fees
Ohio DUI News | Related Sites | Home | Site Map
© 2001-2008 BLS Drunk Driving
Dublin OH DUI OVI
Ohio DUI Defense
Attorney at Law
1985 West Henderson Road
Columbus, Ohio 43220