Know Your Rights in a Ohio DUI/ OVI
Get a Free Consultation To Learn Your Options. Call 614-487-8667 for your free Ohio DUI consultation
- You have the right to enter a plea of not guilty and have a trial either to the court or to a jury of six within six months.
- You have a right to be represented by your attorney throughout the trial and at all proceedings leading up to the trial.
- If you do not have the money or means to hire an attorney, you may ask the court to appoint one for you without cost to you, and one may be appointed.
- You are presumed innocent of the charges pending against you, and that presumption of innocence will remain with you throughout the trial until the prosecution presents evidence to prove you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
- At the trial you have the right to confront the witnesses called to testify against you and to cross-examine those witnesses.
- You have the right to present evidence in your own defense and to compel the attendance of witnesses by subpoenas issued by the Clerk of the Court.
- You have the right to remain silent at the trial or testify in your own defense. If you choose to remain silent, your silence cannot be used against you.
- After the trial is over, you have the right to appeal to a higher Court to review the judgment of the Court.
We serve clients in the following cities and townships of Ohio: Columbus, Delaware, Dublin, Grandview Heights, Lancaster, Marble Cliff, Marysville, New Albany, Newark, Upper Arlington and Worthington areas.
Ten Mistakes | Case Tips | Police Mistakes | Challenges | What Can I Do to Save My License?
What Happens After A DUI Arrest? | Lawyer Mistakes | Know Your Rights | OHIO DUI Penalties
Ohio DUI/OVI FAQ | Ohio OVI Resources | Attorney Information | Attorney Fees
Ohio DUI News | Related Sites | Home | Site Map
© 2001-2009 BLS Drunk Driving
Ohio DUI, OVI Defense Attorney in: Columbus. Delaware, Marysville, Newark, Lancaster, Upper Arlington, Grandview Heights, Marble Cliff, Worthington, Dublin, New Albany
Ohio DUI Defense
Attorney at Law
1985 West Henderson Road
Columbus, Ohio 43220