Frequently Asked Questions in Ohio DUI/OVI Cases
Get a Free Consultation To Learn Your Options. Call 614-487-8667 for your free Ohio DUI consultation.
- What are my Miranda Rights?
When an officer has arrested a person and starts to ask them questions about a crime, the officer must first advise the person of their Constitutional rights. Most often, the advisement is this:
- You have the right to remain silent.
- Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.
- You have the right to be advised by an attorney before answering any questions.
- If you desire an attorney and cannot afford one, one will be appointed for you free of charge.
- Will I be able to get my case dismissed because I was not read my rights?
Probably not. But if you were interrogated after being placed in custody, your statements can not be used against you.
- What are my rights?
See Know your rights in an Ohio DUI/ OVI.
- Will I go to jail?
On a first offense, probably not. On second or later offenses, it becomes more probable, but an experienced attorney may be able to keep you out. See the ranges of penalties.
- I had two alcohol offenses when I was younger. What will happen to my license if I have a third conviction?
Your license will be automatically revoked for two years.
- I have three serious offenses within seven years, what will become of my license?
It will be automatically revoked for five years.
- How many hours of alcohol classes will I have to take?
Plan on at least 24-48 hours, one two hour session per week. The higher your BAC, the more hours you will have to take.
- What will happen if I do not complete the classes or public service ordered by the Court?
You will go to jail.
- What is an Ignition interlock and will I have to have one if I am convicted?
See Ignition Interlocks
- I lost my Ohio license. May I obtain a license in another state.
In most cases, no, but you should discuss this with your attorney.
- If I obtain an international driver's license, may I drive in Ohio, even though my Ohio license is revoked?
- What if I burped within twenty minutes of blowing?
The breath machine may have read alcohol from your stomach rather than you lungs. The result may be incorrect. A similar problem occurs with dentures.
Call 614-487-8667 for a free consultation, I will answer any other questions you may have and you can discover how I will help protect your license and your freedom
We serve DUI OVI clients in the following cities and townships of Ohio: Columbus, Delaware, Dublin, Grandview Heights, Lancaster, Marble Cliff, Marysville, New Albany, Newark, Upper Arlington and Worthington areas.
Ten Mistakes | Case Tips | Police Mistakes | Challenges | What Can I Do to Save My License?
What Happens After A DUI Arrest? | Lawyer Mistakes | Know Your Rights | OHIO DUI Penalties
Ohio DUI/OVI FAQ | Ohio OVI Resources | Attorney Information | Attorney Fees
Ohio DUI News | Related Sites | Home | Site Map
© 2001-2009 BLS Drunk Driving
Ohio DUI, OVI Defense Attorney in: Columbus. Delaware, Marysville, Newark, Lancaster, Upper Arlington, Grandview Heights, Marble Cliff, Worthington, Dublin, New Albany
Ohio DUI Defense
Attorney at Law
1985 West Henderson Road
Columbus, Ohio 43220